Friday, April 29, 2011

Day 47: What a week!

This past week has just been crazy! I don't know what is going on, but work has just been so stressful!

Okay, okay, I do know part of it... We have had several parents deploy recently, and it has set the kids on edge. I feel for them; I really do. It's heartbreaking to see them so upset and not quite understand why their parent has to leave for such a long period of time--especially the younger ones, like my kinders or the 1st graders. :(

I am nearing the end of my Italian class on base. It makes me sad to know that my classroom Italian experience is coming to an end! I want to keep taking classes so I can become more fluent, but it won't work with my degree plan. Bummer! Hopefully I can continue using what I know to stay active when it comes to italiano. :)

I have a paper due Sunday night that I haven't done anything on. Tomorrow I'm going to a flea market with the Tauscheks, and then I'm all about that paper the rest of the day! No lies and no excuses. Maybe then I can have a Sunday without a huge to-do list! (I can only hope!)

I have been such a lush the past couple days! Last night was a dear friend's going away party. I only knew Stephanie for 7 or 8 months, but I'm going to miss her so! Anyway, we went out to dinner with a bunch of people, and then Breanna, Stephanie and I hit the town! Okay, we really only went to Bobe's for karaoke, but still. :) We were the life of the party, haha. I was pretty gone by the night's end, and it was so much fun. Tonight, after work I went over to the Tauschek's house and Tessa and I had a girls night. :) Girls night = Army Wives marathon! I've gotten another one hooked. Hooray! So we drank wine and ate popcorn and cookies and snuggled on the couch, hahaha. Okay, we only snuggled with their German Shepherd, Sandy. ;) But watching Army Wives makes my heart hurt, making me miss Arron more than I already do. But I've got 47 days down, and I can't believe it's going by this fast.

Anyway, that's an update on my crazy week. :)

P.S. I totally watched the Royal Wedding today, since it aired at noon our time. And yes, I totally cried as Kate walked down the aisle. I'm a mess!!

No comments:

Post a Comment