Monday, May 2, 2011

Day 50: Osama, Hair, and Softball

A whole lot of nothing and a whole lot of something has been going on here, but as I sit down to type it all out I feel like I don't know where the past week has gone.

The biggest news of all: President Obama announced early this morning (my time) that Osama bin Laden has been killed in Pakistan, almost 10 years after September 11. I realize that there will be more hostility from his supporters towards us, but I rejoice that he has finally been caught and killed. He killed many people from all walks of life and religion, and he was the most hated terrorist in the world. I hope that this shows our allies that we will actually finish the things we say we will, as Americans, when we put our time and effort towards them (instead of starting an unnecessary war in Iraq). And I can't lie, I think it will be pretty cool to tell our kids that their dad was in Afghanistan when justice was delivered to bin Laden. :)

In other news... I cut my hair! And when I say that I cut it, I mean it. I needed a trim and have no time to get to the salon on time after work, so I did it myself. :) I cut about 3 inches off. It's kinda choppy, but not too bad. I like it! I had a ton of split ends that needed to be gone.

It's official: softball season has started! I missed the first practice, but I've been to two since then. I'm so sore!! I forgot that I had these muscles, ha. But it's been great fun, seeing the boys move in when I go to bat and then hitting it over their heads. ;) I also got myself a throwing partner in my friend Shannoa, who played fastpitch out of Nebraska. We've hung out a bit before this, but her husband is gone too and we're both having a blast playing together. I love having another girl on the team who has skills!

In other news, 50 days have gone by since Arron left! The more that go by, the faster they seem to go. Hopefully the last 130 will go by just as quickly.

I'll leave you with a song that I've recently discovered and absolutely fallen in love with:


That's about all for now. :) Ciao, ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment