Sunday, April 10, 2011

Day 28 : Spring Fever!

Yesterday was my first day of spring. Yes, I have been rejoicing with the weather change for about two or three weeks now, but yesterday I actually lived it! It was a perfect day.

It started off with me waking up early (on a Saturday--shocker!), about 9 am. I ran some errands and found that the BX finally had the steam cleaner in stock that I've been wanting! Done deal. I came home and cleaned my ENTIRE house (except one small bathroom, but hey), and steam cleaned our carpets. They look so much better now and the house smells amazing! Didn't know that much dirt could come out of our little industrial carpets.

I then met up with Breanna, Stephanie, and some friends at Lake Barcis, which is beautiful in the spring and summer. Hell, it's beautiful all year round, but it's too damn cold to be there in the winter! We BBQ'd and soaked up the sun.
 We kept remarking how crazy it was that we were sitting there in our bathing suits, and we could look up and see the snow-covered Alps.
This is our "table" with the meat, and of course a bottle of Patron and a water bottle chilling for later use. :)

After Barcis, I came home to get ready for dinner with the Tauscheks and company. They informed me we were going to a place called Cellini's in Sacile, which I had never heard of. It was AMAZING! We even sat outside, with perfect weather, under a greenery canopy overlooking the river. They had perfect pizza, amazing house wine (what restaurant in Italy doesn't?), and dessert to die for. I was (somewhat) of a good girl and opted for the strawberry mousse instead of the chocolate. A guy at our table took a bite of his chocolate mousse and proclaimed, "This is like sex in my mouth and everyone's invited!" By that time, of course, we had already gone through two liters of wine at the table, with Tessa and I drinking most of it. ;) We topped it off with a half liter of Moscato and went on our merry ways.

We then toured Sacile by foot, which was so beautiful. I am constantly amazed by Italians, because they have little hideaways that some people might never know are there. For example, we stumbled (literally) upon this little gazebo.

The light behind it makes it a little hard to see, but it was still beautiful--and deserted.

We then traipsed into a little bar for the men to get cappuccinos. There were these huge demi-johns full of wine corks--must have been at least three in the bar!
That's my ultimate dream, right there.

So anyway, yesterday was just amazing. Good friends, good food, good wine, beautiful country--what more could a girl ask for?

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment