Saturday, April 16, 2011

Day 34: Busy weekend!

So I've taken the past couple days off to show an old acquaintance around town here. Kathleen graduated with me, and happened to be studying abroad in the Netherlands this semester. When she asked me about a month ago if she could stay with me for a night while touring Italia, I jumped on the opportunity to have our first overnight guest in our house. :)

She ended up coming in a day early, so she arrived Thursday night. Friday morning I had to work from 5 am - 2 pm, so she slept in and then as soon as I got home we headed up to Lake Barcis to show her the town. :) It was a beautiful day!


Later Friday night, we went to the Visotto in Budoia, which is an Italian grocery store. I must say, I loved it! I got some proscuitto, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and grappa. All of it was amazing except the grappa... not the best, but oh well!

We then ventured out to Cellini's, which is the new restaurant I went to last weekend with the Tauscheks. It was amazing, just like last time! I have now tried four desserts, and all of them were amazing. (I only ate two, and sampled the other two.)

Today we woke up and went to Venice! Kathleen had been to Venice already, but wasn't able to make it to San Marco's Square (Piazza del San Marco). So we went and hustled our way to the square--we got to Venice at 12:30, and Kathleen's train to Milano left at 1:50. We spent about 20 minutes in the square and headed back to the train station, and Kathleen jumped on her train about 20 seconds before the doors shut and it left!







After she got on the train, my train back home didn't leave for another 30 minutes, so I walked to get some gelato. I found a stand that had some delicious strawberry gelato with real strawberries. When I got to the front of the line, I saw that they also had a Nutella gelato, so I was obliged to get one scoop of each. :) I walked along the Grand Canal with gelato, looking at the shops. I jumped on my train to head back at 2:20 and ended my wonderful day in Venezia. ♥

With Kathleen being here, it has been hard to find time to talk to Arron. We've been missing each other for 3 days now... but we'll finally be able to talk tonight. I know he was getting frustrated, but with my guest in town and his work schedule changing, it was hard to be online at the same time.

Anyway, I am now watching Fever Pitch and looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow. No alarm = happy lady. :)

Arrivederci!

1 comment: