Friday, April 1, 2011

Day 19 : Done with finals! And other school-relating things.

Today was my last final for my first spring semester. I am stoked! While I don't get a Spring Break, it is still nice to know that I have two more classes done and out of the way.

Most of you probably don't know how my college works. In a normal semester, there are two mini-semesters. Each class I take is between 8-10 weeks long, so I take two or three classes at a once, which ends up being 12-18 hours a semester. I don't get a Thanksgiving break, or a Spring Break, and we only get a week for Christmas. But it's worth it to get this degree done!!

What somewhat confuses me about this college is the fact that the online classes' schedule and the face-to-face classes' schedule overlap. We just finished our second week of my Italian class, and just took finals for my online classes. However that works, this spring semester I will have taken 16 hours. I'll be taking two classes over the summer break, one of which didn't transfer from the University of Houston. So here I am, a PolySci major, taking an introduction course to PolySci after I've already taken several upper-level courses here.  Which is why I'm taking it in the summer, since I should know the material already pretty well.

Today is April 1st, a.k.a. April Fool's Day. I played a few jokes on my kindergarteners, and got them good. I told them for snack today we were having bell pepper slices, and that was it. They looked at me in bewilderment until I told them, "April Fools! We're having sugar cookies with fresh fruit!" (Sugar cookies are probably their favorite snack, and the most sugar-packed thing we offer.) After that, I told them we'd be staying inside all day, even though it was a beautiful day, and we'd be doing nothing but reading all day. I saw a few tears well up in their eyes before I told them again, "April Fools!" They laughed and acted like I didn't get them. ;)

Along with April Fool's Day, today kicks off the Month of the Military Child. We're doing a big BBQ tomorrow with plenty of games and crafts and such to keep the kids occupied for a couple hours. :) It should be fun, as it's supposed to be another beautiful day in Italia!

Ciao ciao!

2 comments:

  1. All your cute stories about the kids at work make me wonder how you and Arron have managed to make it this long without getting pregnant :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! That reminds me, I need to post a conversation I had with a kinder before Arron left!

    ReplyDelete