Sunday, April 24, 2011

Day 42: Buona Pasqua!

Buona Pasqua! Happy Easter!

Today was a really fun day. I didn't do much this morning besides make potato salad and clean the house a bit, but this afternoon I went to my first softball practice this season! The first official practice was last weekend, but I didn't know about it so I went today. I had said beforehand that I was ready to get dirty like old times, but didn't think that it was going to be this bad...

We practiced first, and then had enough people to break into two teams and scrimmage. During practice, I ended up catching mostly (don't ask me how, on a slowpitch team, but anyway...), so I ended up looking like that!

I left the scrimmage slightly early because I had to be at the Tauschek's house at 6, and I was covered in dirt (see above). So I rushed home at 4:30 to take a shower and get ready, and ended up looking like this by 5:30:
I was very thankful I had made the potato salad earlier! Anyway, this is my new Easter dress. I paired it with my cowboy boots, and I LOVE it! So adorable. Thank God Target ships to APO addresses!

So at 6 pm I headed over to the Tauschek's (they live like 2 minutes from me). We had a great BBQ and I met some other wives who are just so much fun! It was crazy, because one couple had only been in Aviano for 4 days now, and they knew Tauschek from a previous base. Gotta love how small the military is!

Anyway, it was great fun, with lots of BBQ, side dishes, gelato, and (of course) wine! Too many laughs were exchanged, and I left with thankfulness that I have new friends who are drama-free and just so much fun!

Happy Easter, y'all!
Is it grammatically correct to say, "Buona Pasqua, y'all"?

Ciao ciao!

2 comments:

  1. I will finish the potato salad by bedtime. ;) XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes, I love how small the military world is..as long it's awesome friends you're running into again. :)

    ReplyDelete