Monday, April 4, 2011

Day 22 : Singing the Blues

The past 24 hours has not been good for me. I'm feeling lonely, mostly. A smidgen of feeling left out. Workplace stress isn't helping.

"Even the man in the moon is singing the blues. I hope you still love me baby; I'm missing me some you." - Toby Keith

I want to go upstairs and take a bubble bath and go to bed. I'd also like to drink a couple margaritas to make myself feel better--although I know better, since alcohol only increases whatever feeling I'm already in presently. But I can't seem to peel myself off of this couch for anything.

I wish I knew the cure for bad day syndrome. I'd be a millionaire.

On a slightly brighter note, I had a little girl ask me how my day was today. I honestly think that was the first time any of our kids asked me, instead of the other way around. It made me want to cry. :)

Also, it's been three weeks. Only 20-something left to go. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Brittany, it's Gena. I've just recently (like this deployment) started reading your blog. I'm really enjoying it. Even though I've technically known you for years, I never knew what an amazing and strong person you are. I just wanted to tell you (especially in response to this post) that you are such an inspiration, I'm sure your friends and loved ones let you know that all the time, but here is an out of the blue THUMBS UP for you, your family, and all your incredible adventures.

    ReplyDelete