Sunday, April 17, 2011

Day 35: The Longer the Waiting

I have come to realize that cleaning makes me happy and it releases any stress I'm carrying. When I'm upset, sad, anxious, or stressed, I clean.

Today was a mix of all of those emotions wrapped up in one. But I cleaned, and right now I am almost stress-free. I cleaned most of the house (basically everything but the floors upstairs), and even cleaned the oven for the first time since we've moved in. It was sooo gross, the water in my bucket was black by the time I was done!

In other news, I have found a few more deployment songs to add to my playlist. I found some of these through friends, and some by googling "deployment songs." So here's the new additions:
"Traveling Soldier" by The Dixie Chicks (I already had this song, just forgot to add it.)
"I Just Came Back From A War" by Darryl Worley
"I'll Stand by You" by Carrie Underwood
"I Miss You" by Darren Hayes
"Stay With Me (Brass Bed)" by Josh Gracin
"Long Distance" by Bruno Mars
"Calling You" by Blue October
"The Longer the Waiting" by Josh Turner

Arron and I were finally able to catch each other this morning. It was relieving to finally be able to see his face--didn't know how stressed I was and how much I missed him until I heard his voice. ♥
"The longer the waiting, the sweeter the kiss."

This week is going to be a nice break after last week's Spring Break craziness. It looks like work should (finally) be going back to normal hours--6 am to 6 pm, instead of 5 am to 7 pm, and only five days a week instead of seven. I'm officially halfway through my Italian class, and on Week 3 of my other classes. Onward to graduation!!

No comments:

Post a Comment