Sunday, March 20, 2011

Day 7: Shitty Day (Literally)

So I had to work today. It started out really fun--it was a beautiful day and we were able to keep the kids outside for most of it. We had a door propped open to one of the rooms so the kids could go in to the bathroom, and a table outside so they could draw if they didn't want to run around. It was super fun.

Until.

A little girl comes running up to me about two hours into the day and tells me there's poop all over the bathroom. I thought she was exaggerating. But, no. It was everywhere!!! Oh my gosh, it was ridiculous--finger marks and everything, which means they used their hands. We lined all 17 kids up outside and inspected their hands, but everyone's were clean. The culprit had at least washed their hands afterward...

The rest of the day was spent trying to figure out who did it. We have our suspects, but no one fessed up and therefore no one's parents were told.

The rest of the day wasn't so bad, but sadly, that one incident colored our whole day darker. Really, where do these kids come up with these ideas?

(Reminder: I work with 5-12 year olds... so I'm not talking about a toddler playing with their poo--it's a child old enough to know better!)

Ew, ew, ewwww.

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhhh, nasssssssssty. It's times like these that make me never, ever, ever want to have children.

    NEVER.

    ReplyDelete