Friday, March 18, 2011

Day 5: Glad He's Gone

And not for the reason you're probably guessing!

With everything going on in the world right now, our base is on overtime, including my work with the kids! We're working this weekend and next weekend, and the weekend after is our big kick-off for the Month of the Military Child that starts in April. It will definitely be different working the weekends, but I know it will keep me busy and make time go by faster. And who knows, I might get some overtime out of this experience as well (overtime=money!).

Anyway, I'm glad that Arron's gone with everything going on here. I'd hate to be working weekends right before he left, and I'd hate for him to be here working 6 or 7 days a week right before leaving.

In other news, I filled up with gas today. I realize this shouldn't be a big deal, but as I was filling out my gas coupons, I found a note that Arron had written in them right before he left:
"Hey sweetheart, by the time you read this I'll be deployed. I just wanted to let you know that I love you more than anything." 
Oh, if I hadn't had to deal with giving the attendant my coupons and driving home, I would have broken down right there. Honey, if you read this, I love you, and I love how you can always surprise me in the smallest (and biggest!) ways. ♥

Quote of the day from a kindergarten child at work:
I caught her pulling up her shirt and showing a boy her stomach area. I asked her what she was doing, and she said, "Showing him my cute little tummy." Wonder who's been telling her that she had a cute little tummy?

That's all for today. :)

3 comments:

  1. AW. How sweet of him. I actually found one of those a few days ago...brady had wrote on the bottom of a list I made for things I needed to do before we move "I love you so much" it totally made me smile like a kid in a candy store! Glad your doing alright! I miss you <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I almost wish Mike was gone so we weren't dealing with the crap going on at the base. I'm not even sure where this puts us with PCSing..:/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiffany, I was thinking about you guys yesterday and wondering if it had any effect on the move. Hope it doesn't, and I hope it gets back to normal soon!

    ReplyDelete