Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Day 16 : Oggi è bel tempo!

Oggi è bel tempo! (Italian for, today is a beautiful day!) That's right, folks, today helped us to remember that Spring has sprung in Italia! It was 65 degrees with just a few clouds in the sky over the mountains. We had the kids outside at work on the playground until 6 o'clock, which was a new record.

Today I also decided that it was time to break out my pink toenail polish. :) Those who know me well know that I only use two shades of nail polish on a regular basis--hot pink and French manicure. Hot pink is a must during the summer, as it always makes me feel so happy that my toes are able to be out in the open (aka, I'm able to wear flip-flops).

So anyway, I painted my piggies a perfect shade of hot pink tonight. Pictures will come tomorrow! But painting my toes always reminds me of Momma... she was always willing to give me a pedicure after she got home from a long day at work. I wish I had returned the favor more often. In the last year that I lived at home, Momma and I would walk around poking each other and saying, "Pokety!" She would end up sitting on the couch and Pokety-ing me with her toes, and that became known as "Piggety!" We'd forever walk around saying, "Don't pokety me with your piggeties!" :) It makes me smile even to this day.

Work today was very trying, however. One of my kinders wasn't able to take his daily nap since they went on a field trip today, and he's already hard to manage normally, much less when he's tired. After I talked to him for what seemed like the 100th time, I asked him if he thought he could stop yelling at the other children and take a deep breath before getting upset. He said yes, and when I let him go to let him play he kissed me on the cheek. My heart melted! I wish he was always that sweet. But I hope that all the time us counselors end up spending one-on-one with him help him to overcome his issues and be that sweet all the time.

Anyway, that's all for today. Arrivederci!

No comments:

Post a Comment