Monday, March 14, 2011

Day 1

It's depressing coming home to an empty house.

Arron left early this morning. I still have yet to shed a tear. I don't think it's hit me yet... It just feels like he's back on swings schedule, like he'll be home in the early morning hours.

I need to do homework and turn off the TV, but tonight, I'm just not feeling it. I think I deserve a day to mourn, in a sense, a life to which I've grown accustomed. For a good part of the last 14 months, Arron and I have been together every night. There were three months that I was in Texas and he was not; there were several weeks where he was TDY and I was here. But, almost every night besides those, we shared the same bed, we cuddled on the couch, we sang to music together around the house.

Six months seems so long; so far away. Arron will be back after summer, after our anniversary, after our birthdays. I realize that we were apart for eight months while Arron was in Korea, and then another three when he went back after our wedding. That seemed to fly by... but I remember the first couple weeks, thinking, "How in the world am I going to get through this?"

The answer: Friends. Work. School. Europe. Life.

Tonight, I will mourn. Tomorrow, I will get up and embrace life.

1 comment:

  1. You've got this..and if you feel like you don't, it's OK! You're human..you're allowed to be sad. You've got a fantastic attitude, though! :)

    ReplyDelete