Thursday, March 24, 2011

Day 11 : Thank God for Friends!

Within the first couple minutes of our Skype date this morning, I dissolved into tears. I'm overwhelmed. I'm stressed. Work and my classes are wearing me down. I'm tired of this deployment already, damnit. "Dear deployment, I hate you."

When I walked into work this morning, my dear friend Breanna walked up and gave me a hug. She told me, "This is from Arron. He says you need it." I almost cried.

After work, I got a call from my bestest mommy friend, Makayla. We talked for an hour about everything--the military, moving, babies, traveling, and just life.

And it gets better. As I write this, I'm Skyping my bestest deployment wife/friend, Jenny, and my favorite husband, Arron. (Okay, okay, he's my only husband... but still.)

Today, I'm thanking God for my friends. And for technology... there is no way I could deal with this deployment if computers weren't invented yet. I'd be going insane without being able to be a phone call or an instant message away from my family and friends. Not to mention being able to talk to Arron at all hours of the night/day.

I started today off horribly, with tears at 6 am. Now, at almost 11 pm, it has been a great day. It was a beautiful day, and I got to "spend time" with some of the people I love the most in this life.

Dear Deployment, I'm going to kick your ass.

2 comments:

  1. You got this girl! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw. You definitely made my day! I meant to comment on this yesterday but I just got so busy! Sorry! But I love you SOOOOO much! I couldn't ask for a better friend! :)

    ReplyDelete