Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Day 136: 5 Year Anniversary

Five years ago, Arron and I went on our first date. This was a "double" date, but it ended up being three girls (including myself) and Arron. We went to the beach at night (Surfside for all you Texas folk) and stayed for God-knows-how-many-hours.

"Do you remember we were sitting there by the water, you put your arm around me for the first time?" - Taylor Swift, Mine
This really was the first time he put his arm around me... and we are sitting on the edge of the seawall. ♥

That night, he put his arm around me, found me a glow-stick bracelet (still glowing), wrote in the sand that he loved me, and then asked to hold my hand--in that order. Yes, I know we're slightly backwards, but that's my sillyhead. :)

Five years have come and gone. I held on to that glow-stick bracelet for a good year and a half or so before Arron lost it. Anyway, I still can't believe it's been five years... it seems like it's been a lifetime! In those five years, we've gotten engaged and Arron enlisted. He went through basic training, tech school, Korea, and now we've been in Aviano for a year and a half. I finished high school and now I'm close to finishing my bachelor's. I've lost Momma forever, and gotten new best friends for life. I've moved away from everything I've ever known into a world full of possibilities and progress.

Five years... It may seem like a lifetime, but if it does, Arron, I'm waiting to spend a hundred more lifetimes with you. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment