Thursday, July 7, 2011

Day 116: Lucky Day

So I'm pretty sure today was my lucky day. :) Work flew by, I was able to close as the hallway supervisor for the first time, and then I headed to our softball game at 7. I was in a huge hurry since I didn't get out of work until 6:10 and then had to stop by the commissary quickly, so I got to the fields at 6:35.

Lately my bat has been sucking majorly. I haven't been able to hit at all! I know that I usually do a lot better when I'm able to hit up the batting cages before the games, and I wanted to do that today. However, since I was running late it just wasn't going to happen. I just figured, "Oh well." The game started off a lot better than most of our games, as everyone was laughing and joking around. My first at-bat, I was nervous, but I just figured that I'd just swing and see what happened. A triple is what happened! When I hit the ball, I just knew that it was an amazing hit. It was right over the pitcher's head and right between the left center and right center fielders. It was an amazing feeling.

Also in the first inning, I had a line drive hit right to me at first, which I caught... of course. ;) Later in the game, at my second at-bat, I had a great single to right field--I've been working on going with the outside pitches so they go to right field instead of pulling them to left. I was so proud of myself! We ended up winning 13-2, and it was just a fun game overall. We had some great plays and hits all around.

What else is going on? Work, homework, and softball are taking up most of my time these days. We're in the thick of summer right now, and it's been crazy and chaotic and fun all at once. Next week is my favorite field trip--AquaSplash! It's a waterpark about an hour from here, near the beach, and the kids love it. The nice thing about it is, since it's a waterpark, we're not sweating all day long! It's been sooo hot and humid here--I know it's not as bad as Texas, but it feels like it. I'm getting a nice little tan from taking the kids to the pool twice a week, and since I got a free pool pass (because Arron's deployed) I've been trying to go more after work or whenever I can fit it in.

That's all for tonight. Still need to take a shower and work on some more homework! Ciao ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment