Saturday, July 23, 2011

Day 132: Rehashing the Crazy Week

So I promised I'd write about my crazy week that has finally ended...

I promised a good friend, Gino, that I'd take him to the airport early Wednesday morning. He's on leave and went home to New Mexico to see his three sons. Normally, this wouldn't be a problem, except for this week I was on the early (6 am) shift at work. So Tuesday I woke up at 5, went to work, ran errands, and came home. I had to re-write my persuasive speech for class that night since my professor tore apart my outline the previous class. Gino and I had decided we'd leave his house about 2:45 Wednesday morning since I had to be back in Aviano by 6. By the time I was finished with my speech and other homework, it was already 10. I told myself there was no point going to sleep, so I headed over to Gino's, where we proceeded to watch several hours of How I Met Your Mother after he finished his Star Wars marathon. I probably fell asleep for a whole 30 minutes that night before we went to the airport. I dropped him off and headed back to Aviano for work. I worked 6-3 that day, and then had to hang around base until 5 when my speech class started.

My persuasive speech was on euthanasia, and I had a few slides with lengthy quotations to bolster my 9-10 minute speech. *Editor's note* I have horrible luck when it comes to PowerPoint presentations. Of course, my slides didn't work, and I had to give my speech without them. My professor has a rule against reading speeches, so I asked her if it was okay if I read my quotes off my paper since my PowerPoint slides weren't working. She said yes. I gave my speech and felt awesome about it, and it made me feel even better that everyone in the class said I gave the best speech, hands down. We took our dinner break (class is from 5-7:30) and when I got back I asked to see my grade. I got a 70. The professor said I read my whole speech. I was livid. I had been so proud that I got through the speech without crying, since I talked about Momma and what she went through, and the professor took everything away from me by giving me a C. That night was horrible. I ended up giving 3 more speeches after that, all impromptu. It was ridiculous. I ended up going without sleep for 40 hours and crying myself to sleep that night...

However, the week got better, especially yesterday afternoon. I got my hair cut and it looks adorable, and I found the perfect maxi dress on sale for half off. I went to Danny's birthday BBQ and ate steak and the famous Holden potato salad with some fellow Houstonians. Here's me and Danny. :)


My hair was crazy by this point, since it was about 3 am and we'd been drinking since 7. But take my word for it--it's adorable. :D

Today I got my pedicure and eyebrow wax and successfully finished Operation Pamper Myself. Now I'm laying on the couch, eating strawberries and sugar, and watching How I Met Your Mother. Addicted!

No comments:

Post a Comment