Monday, May 30, 2011

Day 78: Memorial Day

I could write a novel about Memorial Day and it's true meaning, but I won't. Simply put--it's not just another three-day weekend. It's not just the beginning of summer. It's a day where we remember those who have fought in any American war and lost their lives to a just cause. I'm not asking you to sit on your couch in the dark for the whole day and think of people you may not ever have known--that would just be ridiculous. However, it is best if you could say a prayer for those still in harm's way, and for those they left behind. Say a prayer for all of those widows and widowers who had to answer that fateful knock on the door, and then accept the folded flag.

With this in mind, I set out to go to Tramonti today. Tramonti is up in the mountains, about an hour's drive from my house (if you drive leisurely, like I did today). It's absolutely gorgeous and stunning, and there was not another soul up there today. :)

 My view for the day.
Gotta get a self-portrait. :)
Little rapids.

So I stayed up at Tramonti for 3 1/2 hours. Silly me and my fair skin, I thought I'd be okay. I am now definitely paying for that time with a major sunburn... but it was worth it. I spent the time listening to music, reading, and relaxing... it was amazing to just sit there and decompress. It did wonders for my soul. :) I am rested and relaxed and ready for this awesome week of vacation.

Ciao ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment