Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Day 80: I kicked this deployment's a** today!

Today was amazing, in one word. But I need many more words to describe it better!

I got my wonderful/amazing/beautiful Brad Paisley CD in the mail today. I've been waiting for a week for it to get here, since it was released last week and Wal*Mart didn't ship it until the day after it was released! I am so in love, it's ridiculous. I already have my favorites and am singing along to several that I've learned the lyrics. There are a couple that have already brought tears to my eyes, and I just sit back and think--this is country music. :)

My absolute favorite right now is "Love Her Like She's Leavin'"--a song about a man given advice on his wedding day to "love her like she's leaving / like it's going to end if you don't / love her like she's leaving / and I guarantee she won't."

My other favorite is "Toothbrush," a cute little upbeat song about the circle of life, and I couldn't help but laugh out loud while I was listening to it the first (and second and third and fourth) time. It talks about how the best things in life always start out with little things, like a toothbrush. Listen to it and you'll see what I mean. :)

I ran errands much of today, getting a ton of things done for the house that I've been putting off (in some cases, for months). I even fixed our toilet seat that's been broken since we moved in! As I had half of my head in the toilet, I was thinking "Damn you, deployment!" But it was a relatively quick 10 minute job and after washing up I was very happy.

I also got outside today and replanted some flowers and plants that I needed to. Our neighbors gave us a few tomato and watermelon plants they had leftover--whether or not they do anything, we'll see! I've never tried to grow fruit or anything, so this is all new territory for me. I did pick up a cute little begonia bush when I bought more soil today as a little gift to me. It's adorable! 
I wanted some pretty flowers for my kitchen table. :)

In not-so-good news, we lost our first softball game last night. And I might have broken my thumb... it's either badly jammed or broken. I was going to catch a grounder and it short-hopped on me, and jammed my thumb and then hit my right shoulder. The shoulder's fine (used to that with catching fast-pitch), but my thumb isn't fairing so well. It's swollen and somewhat bruised. I guess time will tell, since I can't get into the clinic for a doctor's appointment to get it checked out.

By the end of next week, I'll be halfway done with this six month deployment--even though it looks like it'll be closer to seven and a half before he's done. Oh well! I've come this far, and I can do it over again.

That's all for today--I've got my BP cd on full blast on my surround sound and I'm picking up around the house. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment