Thursday, June 9, 2011

Day 88: All Smiles

Could I really almost be at three months? Wow. Even though some weeks have just dragged on and on, overall this deployment is going by so quickly.

Last week's vacation definitely went by too fast, and this week has been so crazy for me. I've been working the mornings at work, which doesn't usually happen. With that in mind, I started a new class this week and have another one starting next week. Finals are this week as well; I took one today and have my music one tomorrow. On top of that I have two papers due Sunday, one of which is basically finished and one I haven't started. What else am I missing?

Oh, the rain... it has been raining nonstop. Even though most people (including me) usually hate the rain, I'm loving it right now. You see, rain means that softball games are postponed, and since most of the squadron is TDY right now, we're missing most of our good players. So if it doesn't rain, we are going to have to work really hard to win... I'd rather wait until the guys come back!

Speaking of the guys, I've definitely found a few great friends on the team. For a long time, I've found that I "clicked" better with guys than with girls when it comes to friendship. Guys aren't dramatic, and I like having a drama-free life. It wasn't until I got here, however, that these friendships have been misconstrued by other people to look like something they're not. I'll say it once and I'll say it a thousand times--I love my husband, and he is the only man for me, ever.

"By being frank in life, I may make a lot of enemies, but at least I am sure that I wont make fake friends." - Unknown

Ciao ciao! I'll try to update sooner than I have been. After this weekend, life will definitely slow down for a while, at least until summer starts next week. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment