Saturday, June 25, 2011

Day 104: Finally getting over my sickness

It has been over a week now that I've been sick. It started out with a head cold and turned into me sounding like I was dying every time I tried to talk. I lost my voice last Tuesday, and today was the first day I started sounding normal again.

I went to the doctor on Friday and he gave me--count 'em--five (5!!!) prescriptions--two pills and three nasal sprays. Let me tell you, it's not a pretty sight, but they seem to get the job done. End of story.

I started my new class last week. It's called the History of American Pop Culture. I'm super stoked and enjoying the topics that we've already covered and planning to cover this semester--including the Beatles, the history of baseball, Elvis, Madonna, the Simpsons... do you catch the idea? My research paper is going to be on John Lennon and his protests of the Vietnam War. I don't know much about the whole issue, but it sounded fun and interesting. :)

We officially got through the first week of summer. Only nine more to go! But seriously, the money is nice since we're working 40 hour weeks, and the field trips are so much fun.

That's about all for now. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment