Sunday, August 14, 2011

Day 154: Weight, softball, and London

It is amazing to me to see pictures of myself from just a couple months ago and see the difference. I know I haven't lost 50 pounds (I'm still stuck at 18, two from my goal), but still. There is a difference:

March 9, the day Arron was supposed to leave. (He ended up leaving 5 days later.)

July 22, 18 pounds down. (I think having a tan helps too, ha.)

My main exercise routine since May has been softball, both slow- and fast-pitch. So when I got notice at 1 am Saturday morning that there would be a slow-pitch super draft going on that day, I jumped on board. A super draft is when everyone puts their names into a hat and the teams are drawn at random, therefore you're playing with almost complete strangers. We started at 10 am and played for 12 hours--not straight, since we had breaks, but still. I think we ended up playing 5 or 6 games over the whole day, and let me tell you, I'm hurting today. But it was so, so worth it. I had so much fun and our team ended up winning the championship. I was the only female out there, out of four teams, so it was fun getting to meet new guys and watching the women in the stands impressed. Ha!

Tuesday is a day that I've been waiting for for the past couple months: LONDON! After a changed mind and a changed ticket, my friend and co-worker Katie will be accompanying me to see Brad Paisley next Wednesday night at the O2 arena. We have 5th row seats!!! I am so stoked, I can't even begin to express how excited I am. Eeeeeekk! I've got a list of things that I can't wait to see, like Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, and the Tower of London, just to name a few. So keep an eye out for pictures, because there are sure to be a ton! We'll get into London Tuesday evening and leave out Thursday mid-morning. :)

That's all for now. Ciao ciao!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the weight loss, that's awesome!!! You look great. I know you can make your goal no problem.

    Oh, and have fun in London! That is an awesome, awesome trip. :)

    ReplyDelete