Friday, February 3, 2012

February 3

Today is Friday, February 3, 2012. Momma was born on this day in 1958.

 Her 22nd birthday.

Since her birthday was at the beginning of February, that also coincided with crawfish season in Texas. One of her favorite things to do was to host a crawfish boil at the house and invite all of our friends over...

 Mother's Day 2009. I know it's not her birthday, 
but you can tell she's lovin' the crawfish.


 I would put this birthday around 2007 or 2008, so she was either
turning 50 or 51. We went to Pappasito's with her side of the family. 


 We bought her a balloon flower. :)

 Jacki, Paul, Momma and me.

Momma and her sisters and one brother.

Last year, I felt the need to take a day off work on her birthday, since it was the first one since she had passed away. This year I'm stronger, and able to think of her without bursting into tears. One of my kids at work the other day asked me, "Do you miss your Mommy?" It broke my heart, but I told her "Yes, I do." 

Here's to you, Momma. I'm thinking of you today, and I hope I make you proud.

 Cheers to the most beautiful woman I will ever know.

 

2 comments:

  1. Prayer for your strength today. I so admire you, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You most definitely make her proud! You have turned into such an amazing woman! I admire your strength and courage so much! I miss you & I love you! <3

    ReplyDelete