Saturday, February 4, 2012

TDY Curse and a Failed Pinterest Craft

As some of you may know, Arron has been TDY (temporary duty--aka gone) for two weeks. As any military spouse knows, as soon as the husband leaves, everything goes wrong.

5 hours before I was supposed to drop him off at the airport, I went to take a bath and flooded our entire top floor. I now know that there are cracks in the bottom of the bathtub, and we can't use it until our landlord replaces it. The problem is, I've been calling for a week now and can't ever get in touch with the translator (through housing) since I have no clue who our landlord is. Bah humbug.

The day that he left, I made pasta salad to take to a friend's BBQ. After I made it, I put it in the fridge to cool while I got ready. I opened the fridge to leave and...


Gone is my pasta salad, and even more heartbreaking, my Pyrex bowl.


......


On a completely different note, Pinterest has gotten me so addicted to crafts and thinking I can make anything.

The Pinterest gods decided to bring my ego down a notch.

I saw the cutest headband and decided that it didn't look too terribly hard to make:


So I grabbed an old t-shirt, my sewing stuff, scissors, and began...



After an hour of braiding, re-braiding, and trying to make it look as cool as the author intended for it to look, I had this:

So I promptly threw it in the trash and went on my merry way. Thanks, Pinterest, for reminding me that I'm not crafty at ALL. 
However, I have a good idea for what I'm going to try to make for Valentine's Day for Arron, so I'll take pictures and let everyone know how it works out. Ha!


No comments:

Post a Comment