Sunday, October 16, 2011

Day 218: The end, almost!

Ciao i miei amici! Hello my friends! 

It has officially been 7 months that Arron has been gone, as of October 14th. Crazy! I think to myself that it hasn't been that long, but then I remember things that I've written about right after he left that seem like they happened a lifetime ago. Allora.

The good news is, this deployment is finally coming to an end quite soon. How soon, I can't say, because even I don't know the exact date yet! They keep changing it on us. Anyway, I will most definitely update you with homecoming pictures after he gets back. :)

This past week has been quite fun. On Tuesday, the anniversary of Momma's passing, I woke up and went to the market with Tessa and her new friend Jasmine. We had quite some time walking around the Aviano square, buying candy and bargaining. I picked up some flowers in honor of Momma.


We then went to go to Spaghetti House for lunch, because I was craving their chicken salad. But they were closed, since it was Tuesday. After going to BeFed's, and Bobe's, we finally had to go to the Enlisted Club for soup-and-salad since nothing was open. Welcome to Italy! Allora. When we got to the E-club we found out it was membership lunch day, so no soup and salad, but everyone was happy anyway with the different menu.

That afternoon Shannoa and I went to get facials on base, and then we hit up Ovvio's (or Ovaries, as we like to call it) to do a bit of shopping. She didn't buy anything, but I bought a bath pillow and some new candle holders, along with a bedside table lamp for Arron's side of the bed.
She covered her face since we didn't have any makeup on after our facials.
Candle holders! Look great on our credenza.

Nothing else really exciting happened this week, besides finally becoming a supervisor at work. Yay! I hit my one-year mark on Tuesday, but it doesn't go into effect until the beginning of the next pay period, which is tomorrow. So excited for a pay raise. :)
Oh, and I finished my set of classes I was working on. I'm now only 8 classes away from my bachelor's degree! And the most awesome news (in my opinion, ha) is that I have a week off before my next classes start up. Seriously, I haven't had a week off since I began classes in August 2010. Whew! I'm so close to graduating, I can almost taste it. :)

That's all for now. I probably won't update again until after Arron gets home, so eeeeek! 

Ciao ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment