Saturday, January 7, 2012

One Day at a Time

A few months back, I found this idea on Pinterest, and it was one of the first things that caught my eye on the website. I started on it immediately and vowed to begin writing on January 1, 2012.

Well, I forgot about it... but remembered it today. And I figured I'm only a week late, I can remember something from each day in the past week, right? Yes ma'am, I can. :) So I finished writing the date on each and every card, since I only got through the end of June when I first started. I couldn't find a date stamper anywhere, so I figured I'd just write them out myself.
Why is it when you write the same word over and over again, it starts to look like it's spelled incorrectly? August gave me nightmares...

I still want/need to find postcards to put between the months, but I also color-coded them so it's easy to tell them apart. I've been searching to find the perfect box to put them in, since the original creator used fruit boxes and I didn't have any--but truth be told, I wanted to find something a bit different and more "me."

As I finished writing all the dates on them today, I thought of the perfect box:

January 1, 2012: Kissed under the Eiffel Tower at midnight, then went to the top during the day.
 
I love Fossil watches, and so does Arron, so we have several of these boxes around the house. I swear by them to travel with--they're perfect to put bobby pins and hair ties in, and another for jewelry. So I figured why not use it for my calendar journal?

I'm really hoping I keep up with this, because I think it could be a really cool thing to have around in a couple years, especially when we have kids and can mark when they said their first words and took their first steps, etc. :)

Ciao ciao!

P.S. I'm working diligently to update on our Paris trip... it's taking forever to upload pictures! Day 2 is uploading now. :)

1 comment:

  1. I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT THIS! Thanks for the reminder, Pinterest friend! ;)

    ReplyDelete