Sunday, April 22, 2012

Looking at the Bright Side

If I had a nickle for every time a civilian wife told me, "I don't know how you live with your husband gone for so long," I'd be rolling in the dough. But as I was cleaning today, I was thinking of all of the up-sides of Arron being gone so often, whether it's TDY (temporary duty, for you civilians) or deployed.

I'm not saying I like for Arron to leave, but I think it's healthy to try to focus on the bright side of things that I can't control, rather than wallowing in self-pity.

So I've compiled a mental list of things that I like about when Arron's not here....

--The house stays clean once I clean it.
However, this does mean that I can't blame anyone else for my messes...

--I can stay up as late as I want without feeling guilty.

--I get the bed all to myself, and I don't feel like I have a radiator next to me.

--I come home from work and the house is exactly how I left it.

--Less laundry to do.

--Less groceries to buy.

--I don't feel guilty for eating cereal for dinner, or pancakes, or whatever other junk I feel like.

--I get to pick the music I listen to at home.

--I don't have to pick up socks all over our bedroom floor.

--We get a break from each other, because I think every marriage needs space to breathe.

--Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

But most of all, I love that (at least every six months) we have another reunion, and another first kiss, and another honeymoon period where neither of us can do anything wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment