Sunday, March 4, 2012

Organizing & Random Photos

Yesterday I spent most of the day cleaning around the house. Today was spent being productive, including laundry, homework, and even a bit of organizing. I'm pretty proud of myself. :)

Yesterday: My plant is stretching for some sunlight. Come on spring!!

Today, Arron took a two hour nap, during which I took a shower, washed my hair, and took a whole bunch of crazy pictures with my new iPhone. :)

 My friend Tessa introduced me to the Pop Photo Booth 
app, and I'm having tons of fun with it.
I particularly like this picture of my eye. :)

Then, today, as I was sitting down with Arron on the couch, I got the urge to organize one of the catch-all baskets in our living room. This particular basket was filled with all sorts of cords, from iPod/iPhone/iPad charging cords to hard drive cords, and everything in between. I was tired of trying to pull one cord out, and a whole tangled mess of them coming out.

So I pulled out a whole bunch of sandwich-size Ziplok bags, my roll of masking tape, a permanent marker, and a big heaping of patience.

I wish I had taken a "before" picture, but here are some afters: 


 As you can see, I labeled each individual cable as well, to help us find 
the right place the cord goes back into when we're finished with it. :)


I seriously used probably 15 Ziplok bags, but it is so much more organized in there. I wish I could find a way to more easily display them so we don't have to rifle through them each time we're looking for something, but this will have to do for now. At least any extra time we spend looking for something is offset by not having to untangle a thousand cords!

So I'm feeling pretty proud of myself for being so productive and organized today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment