Sunday, November 13, 2011

Pinterest and Heaven in my Mouth.

Today, after going to a BBQ at my friend Tessa's house, I found myself with nothing to do. Arron was playing video games and, to be honest, I was tired of staring at Facebook. So I went to a website I'd heard everyone rave about, Pinterest, and signed up. It was cool looking at all of the craft ideas, and it gave me a bunch of really cool ideas for our dream house, one day.

But as I was  poking around and getting the jist of things, I came across a recipe for Nutella Mug Cake. I thought, "Wow, that sounds good, and it would satisfy my chocolate craving... but I doubt I have all of the ingredients for a cake!" But I looked anyway. Oh boy... I had everything! (Except whipped cream to put on top... oh well.) So I set out to make it.

I had to add a teaspoon of baking powder and a pinch of salt to my flour, since it was all-purpose and not self-rising. It literally took me less than 5 minutes to throw everything in one of my big coffee mugs and throw it in the microwave for a minute and a half. When I opened it, this is what I found:

Apparently my big coffee mug wasn't going to cut it. I had to pour everything into a mug my BFF Jenny made me, and throw it back into the microwave since it was still runny... But ta-da! Nutella mug cake. :)

It was super delish, although it was really hot and I've been taking bites as I type this out. It would be wonderful with some ice cream, but I didn't have that either, and it probably wouldn't help the diet I've been trying to stay on anyway. I digress.

Anyway, this is totally amazing, but I would recommend splitting it with someone (unfortunately my better half doesn't like chocolate or cake), and make sure you have a big enough cup!

Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. MMM I love nutella! I bet that was delish!! Sweet mug by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny, you would probably love it! Have some whipped cream or vanilla ice cream on hand though! :)

    ReplyDelete